Thursday, November 15, 2007

Back from Icky Italy

No excuse really for why I haven't posted since I returned from Italy other than I really wasn't in a rush to rehash the trip. Italy was breathtakingly beautiful, the food was delicious and the wine is as good as you would expect. Italy also tops my list of places I have no intention of returning too. Why I didn't like Italy: 1) many of the Italian people we met were shockingly rude 2) absolutely the most expensive country to travel in that I have ever been too
On the flip side, Italy also has lovely cultural traditions and fantastic restaurants, hotels, churches and art. The highlight of the trip was seeing the Leonardo Da Vinci masterpiece The Last Supper in the church Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan. Standing in front of that painting was absolutely one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Another highlight was visiting the Portofino Coast of the Italian Riviera, mainly the cities of Camogli and Portofino. I will dedicate a blog to this part of Italy and the wonderful seaside hotel we stayed at. I will also blog about Milan and the Lake Como area and post some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home